30 May 2010

"You have no idea what you are getting yourself into ..."

Welcome, or as they say in Germany, Wilkommen!



Firstly I would like to welcome you to my blog. Secondly, as stated in the heading "you have no idea what you are getting yourself into." This is the phrase that has greeted me on numerous occasions upon telling people that I have elected to run 26.2 miles at the 37th Berlin Marathon in September.

However by opting to read my blog, whether by accident or of your own accord, I too could say to you "you have no idea what you are getting yourself into."

As my infinitely tolerant and non-judgemental girlfriend will testify, some of the ponderings that progress from the recesses of my mind all the way to lexical ludicrousness are nonsensical to say the least. So you are most certainly in for a treat.

Well, apart from possessing an Idea Ball Manatee inside my head (for south park aficionados only), I am fast approaching 30 and wanted to test myself before the rapidly approaching onset of middle-age, what better way than running really really far. If you need further reasoning for running a marathon, I will be doing it for a good cause: the super boys & girls at The Stroke Association (www.stroke.org.uk)

I noticed how nobody gets described as 'mild mannered' unless referring to a superheroe's 'mild mannered' alter-ego (Peter Parker, Clark Kent et al), so I thought i'd get a slice of the action, all I need now is a form-fitting lycra ensemble and i'm good to go.

Finally, for any Lostologists out there, I will be running 26 miles on the 26th of September (The 9th month of the year) at the 37th Berlin Marathon. Therefore you can begin hatching your conspiracy theories as to the relevance of the numbers 26, 37 and 9, answers on a post card please.

Hopefully I've managed to charm and entice you into regularly peering through the looking glass into the world of somebody who continuously puts one foot in front of another for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment